Hanhwa strives to employ talented persons armed with three core values: "challenge, dedication, and integrity" based on trust and loyalty.
People embracing Challenge Pursue excellence through change and innovation by breaking away from complacency
Engage in active self-development
towards being the best in your field
- Short- and long-term goals of self-improvement are set systematically, and opportunities and plans to achieve the goals and practice them are actively pursued.
- Changes in trends related to preferred affiliates and jobs are identified at all times.
- Basic knowledge and experience are acquired to foster professionalism related to preferred job, and the mentors' wisdom about preferred job is sought.
Find opportunities and new ways of doing things through open-mindedness and creativity
- New ideas are tried in order to expand one's thinking, without adhering to existing methods.
- Critical thinking is applied to consider one's circumstances, and efforts and directions for improvement are sought to find a better solution.
- A person who listens to the opinions of various people without bias or prejudice and accepts them accordingly.
Set challenging goals and work towards achieving them with a can-do spirit.
- The purpose of setting challenges and goals is understood and challenging personal goals that correspond to the organizational goals are established.
- A step-by-step implementation plan is established to achieve goals and execute them as planned.
- A person who is prepared to produce better results based on lessons learnt after failure.
Treasure the relationships with colleagues, company, and customers and commit to achieving a greater goal.
Put 'us' before 'me' and
'our goal' before 'my goal'.
- The personal goal is linked with the organizational goal, recognizing personal development as organizational development.
- Once a goal is determined, Hanwha people use all their potential and capabilities to achieve that goal.
- Hanwha people participate in efforts to achieve common goals rather than pursuing their personal interest when cooperation with others or other organizations is needed.
Treasure the promise with customers and continue to create customer value.
- They judge their own behavior as well as the team's decision making based on the needs of the customer and people.
- They prepare an improvement plan after monitoring customer feedback and people's opinions continuously and reflect the opinions in the project.
- They consider how to impress customers and seek the best practice to impress customers.
Trust in each other's abilities and collaborate based on strong sense of unity.
- They propagate their own knowhow actively for common advancement with their colleagues.
- They help each other as much as they can when being asked for help to accomplish a mission.
- They move first to share the difficulties of other colleagues while performing their missions.
People of Integrity
Stick to principles, be impartial, and take pride in doing so